Since 1920, Fresno Irrigation District has been serving the Central Valley.
The District became the successor to the privately owned Fresno Canal and Land Company in 1920. At which time, we purchased over 800 miles of canals and distribution networks that were constructed between 1860 and 1890. In addition to the canals, the District also retained extensive water rights on the Kings River. The District also receives a small amount of water from the San Joaquin River through the Friant Water Authority.